IMG_0005A guardianship is a court ordered relationship in which the guardian appointed to act on behalf incapacitated individual.

If you feel that your loved one is in need of a Guardian, please follow the steps below. Also you can always call our office and speak to Monica Wiggins (484-612-8869) about any questions you might have.

1. A concerned person may file a petition in the Court of Common Pleas, Orphan Court Division with the assistance of a lawyer.
2. The court may appoint a guardian of the person and/or of the estate for the individual and they will determine in the hearing if the individual is incapacitated.
3. Please read the information (links) that have been provided to get a better understanding how a guardian would be able to assist the individual.