The Arc Alliance provides various support groups and programs for individuals, parents, guardians, siblings and care givers. If you are interested in participating in any of the mentioned groups please named contact or call us at 610-265-4700 and we will connect you with the appropriate group lead. If you would like to see a group developed as an individual, parent or loved one please contact us.
Groups are free and open to all families of children with special needs. All groups usually meet at The Arc Alliance, 3075 Ridge Pike, Eagleville, PA.
- Father’s Group – Come join the group for fathers of children with special needs. They meet the 1st and 3rd Saturday from September through June from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. When the fathers meet, they discuss issues affecting them and their families, offering support to those who need it. There is babysitting available so bring your children (all ages are welcome) and give the Moms a free morning to relax!!! Please contact us at Contact Email to register.
- “MOMS WANTED” Support Group – Please join our support group for Moms, Grandmothers and Caregivers of children with special needs of all ages. The group will meet to share, support and reach out to each other. There will be several speakers scheduled during the year. Please contact Allison at 267-625-9737 if you have any questions and if you will need childcare (24 hour notice is required) during the meeting. They meet one Wednesday night per month from 7:00 pm.
- Music Together Program – The class is one time per week for 45 minutes and is a family class. We are able to accept 10 families per semester. Families participating will need to complete a pre and post questionnaire as well as be agreeable to photos and/or videos taken to help support the grant process. All families participating will receive 2 professionally produced CDs of the music for the semester (one for home and one for the car) as well as the songbook to accompany the CD. If interested in participating please contact Fran Crowe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 484-868-0438.
- Recreation Program – Come join the group and meet other special needs young adults (ages 16 years and older) in the community. We meet 2 Wednesday a month between February and June from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Each time we meet there is a different theme so come join the fun! Please contact Heather Johnson at email@example.com or 484-868-0670 or take a look at this current years events at our event page. You can register there. Link
- Sibling Group – Come join the group and meet kids just like you. Do you feel overwhelmed, frustrated, or teased? Or do you want to share your story with a group of kids that can relate to your family situation? Come join the Siblings Group and have fun and enjoy meeting kids that understand. Learn some skills to help you deal with situations that come up in your life and how to show others that your special needs sibling is unique and worth getting to know. Children 7-13 years of age. The Group meets the last Thursday of each month, June through Sept from 6:15-7:30 pm. Please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Please try one of our groups!