* Private Event for The Arc Alliance families only – Registration Required*
All attendees must register in advance. The deadline is May 26, 2023.
Sunday, June 4, 2023, from 5-7 pm, The Arc Alliance will host our Family Resource Fair at the Elmwood Park Zoo.
This event is designed to connect families with critical resources, support, and to provide an opportunity to network with other families facing similar challenges. Enjoy speaking one-on-one with representatives from our top resources, programs, and services who help individuals with disabilities. Our partners will be on-site to share information and answer questions throughout the event. Of course, the animals will be ready for us, and we have entertainment lined up for a fun-filled day!
We invite you to join us at no charge to connect and learn about opportunities available in the area.
The following hand-picked partners will be onsite. More favorites added daily.
- CHOP Center for Autism Research
- Sebastian Riding Associates Equine-assisted therapy
- Second Wind Bicycle Repurposed bicycles for vulnerable populations
- Univest Financial planning and special needs trust
- Special Olympics of Pennsylvania
- Down Syndrome Special Interest Group Support group focused on Down Syndrome
- Variety the Children’s Charity Social, educational, and vocational programs for those with disabilities
- Access Services Employment and community-based programs
- Spring Valley YMCA Inclusive programs for all ages
- So Much to Give Café Inclusive café and employer offering various programs
- Coffee Closet with Barista Jake Transition training program and coffee hot spot
- Shane and Pepper Candle Company Abilities workforce program and candle maker
- Lower Providence Police Department Accessible community-building first responder
- Norristown Fire Department Fire safety education for all abilities
- Ausome Cutz Inclusive barber making haircuts easy for those with autism
- Gwynedd Mercy University Inclusive higher education opportunities
- McAndrews Law Office Specialized law firm protecting vulnerable citizens
- Integrate for Good Inclusive volunteerism, leadership, and employment opportunities
- Harmony Theater, Inclusive community theater program for all ages
- Community Chiropractic Center A wellness based chiropractic care for individuals, families and caregivers
- 1847 Financial Financial planning and special needs trust
- Real Voices of Philly Education and social connection for non-speakers
- PA Health Access Health care consumers and community organizations across the state
- Child Guidance Resources
- County Assistance Office
- Supports Coordination from The Arc Alliance
- Early Intervention from The Arc Alliance
Check back as we add to the list of partners
The Elmwood Park Zoo is the first zoo in the world to become a Certified Autism Center, complete with quiet hours and sensory areas. Visiting the zoo during a private event such as this means fewer crowds and less noise. This ensures a more enjoyable experience for all.
Elmwood Park Zoo is located at 1661 Harding Blvd., Norristown, PA
This event is reserved for The Arc Alliance families only. All attendees must register in advance. Deadline is May 26, 2023.
For questions, contact Emma Hardacre at email@example.com
The Arc Alliance is able to provide this opportunity thanks to donations from our generous supporters.
Thanks to Child Development Foundation and Paycom for helping to make this event possible.