Okay, you have a concern about your child’s development; maybe your physician has diagnosed your child with an intellectual or developmental delay, maybe you are concerned about how your child is developing, or maybe a daycare provider, friend or family member has raised a concern. You are not alone. Navigating through the complex process to get the right help at the right time by the right people can be very confusing and frustrating to someone new to the system. The Arc Alliance Children’s Services
Reaching out to The Arc Alliance Children’s Services
Let us help you through the process.
If you don’t have a medical diagnosis, taking a look at our Rack Cards may help you identify concerns in Speech, Motor Skills or possible behaviors on the Autism spectrum. If you still have questions or concerns please call The Arc Alliance Children’s Services at 610-764-8754 (if by chance we are not available when you call, please leave your name and phone number and we will get back to you within 24 hours).
Check List Links:
One of the goals of The Arc Alliance Children’s Services is to help families navigate the Early Intervention system. We can assist you in making phone calls to the County to set up the evaluation, discuss any concerns that you may have and be available for questions during the entire evaluation process.
Here is what happens next:
- Call The Arc Alliance Children’s Services at 610-764-8754. We will assist you through the process of setting up your initial evaluation with the County. This is a free service.
- An experienced person from The Arc Alliance Children’s Services is available to help you contact the county; work through the forms needed and provide whatever help you need to get your initial evaluation done.
- The County will determine whether your child has a qualifying delay and they will assign a County Service Coordinator.As in all Counties Early Intervention is a free service. If interested, contact your county through the telephone numbers listed below and request The Arc Alliance Children’s Services as your provider:
- The County will develop an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) for you.
- While the County approves the needs for services and develops the IFSP, they don’t directly provide the services.
- You will be asked to choose an agency which will be responsible for providing Early Intervention services to you to meet the needs of your child identified in the plan.
There are several Early Intervention agencies that you can choose from. Our agency provides Early Intervention Services and would be happy to provide these services to your family. Early Intervention provides physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutrition, vision, hearing, special instruction and behavioral services to children birth through three years of age.
Here are some things that you need to know:
- The Arc Alliance has been providing these services and helping children in 4 Counties (Berks, Bucks, Chester, and Montgomery) for over 35 years.
- It also might be comforting to know that a number of our employees have family members who are serviced by our agency.
- You don’t need to choose an agency that is close to your home. While The Arc Alliance Administrative office is in Eagleville, PA, our team will come to you to provide services. Our team (teachers and therapists) schedule routine visits to your home, and help answer any questions that you may have. We will work on goals that have been identified whether it is at home, in a child care setting or in the community. It is not unusual to see Early Intervention Services taking place in the grocery store, the mall, the doctor’s office, the library and the playground.
- As a parent you know your child the best and you will have a very important role on our team. The Arc Alliance Children’s Services team member will demonstrate the exercises you will need to do at home to strengthen your child’s skills through everyday play and activities.
- If you are told that your child does not qualify for Early Intervention services, we will still be there to help and will discuss possible next steps you have available.
We hope that you will let us partner with you.
Help is just a phone call or email away; contact The Arc Alliance Children’s Services at 610-764-8754
or email us