YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED TODAY!!!!
FIRST ALERT VIRTUAL RALLY
June 18th from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
We need to flood the Capitol with phone calls to be sure that funding for people with disabilities is in the Governor’s Budget!
- I am a person with a disability (e.g. developmental, intellectual, autism, physical disability.)
- I have a family member with a disability.
- I work with people who have disabilities.
This funding proposed by the Governor in February must be restored:
- Community services for persons with intellectual disability so that 1,100 people can come off the emergency wait list
- Funding for 100 individuals with autism
- Funding to expand “Jobs for All” – on the job training for young people
- 2% increase for Special Education – the first increase in six years
- Restoration of the 10% cut from the Human Services Block Grant
- Restoration of $1.2 million in community base funding
Finish by saying, “Funding for people with disabilities is desperately needed, thank you.”
- Call Senate Appropriations Chairs
- Call House Appropriations Chairs
Thank you for your participation in this strategically important endeavour.
Your voice is paramount in this action! As a voter, let them know you are aware of what is being decided and that you are paying attention to what they fund and cut.
Be the squeaky wheel and be heard!
As you know, funding for people with disabilities is desperately needed and often overlooked.